I wanted to share some bass sample chains for the Octatrack.
Grab them here:Octatrack Chromatic Synth Bass Sample Chains
- 6 Stereo Synth Bass Sample Chains aligned and spaced for 16 Slice Grid
- 44.1k, 16bit
- 101MB compressed, 120 uncompressed
- pdf with instructions on how to setup the Sample Chains included
These sample chains contain chromatically sampled bass instruments starting from c2 to d#3 (MIDI 36-51). The sample chains have been aligned so that they are evenly spaced and ready for importing and auto Slicing via the Octatrack’s Audio Editor. Each sample contains 16 notes, so you’ll want to use the 16 Slice Grid.
To Use These Sample Chains:
Load the samples into your static sample pool slots.
Use the Octatrack’s Audio Editor to Create a 16 Slice Grid on each of the loaded sample chains.
When you create the Slice Grid select “NO” when it asks to “Align Markers to Zero-Crosses”. The Slice Grid is already evenly spaced and setup.
Enable “SLIC” (SLICES MODE) in your Playback Setup for the tracks you wish to use these samples on.
Now your Trigs should eliminate green, each trig 1-16 will trigger slices 1-16 accordingly.
You are all set to play, tweak, and Plock the Chromatic Bass Sample Chains.
Fun experimenting try the following:
– Adjust the PITCH on -/+ 12 to shift the Slices down and up an octave to achieve more range.
– If you’ve loaded and Sliced all of the bass sample chains into your static sample pool you can use the Static Slot Lock on Trigs to change bass sounds per Trig. This allows you to Plock different Bass Sound onto your pattern!
If you find these useful and have any suggestions for improvements please send me feedback. I’m planning on making more advanced sample chains that use chromatic sampled instruments in the future.