So if you can hear above 19k and like playing with Rapture. You may want to try this little trick… First some history:
As you can see from the date this has been a known trick for some time. Now that Rapture’s user base has increased from the recent deals (also now part of SONAR X2 Producer), I thought everyone might enjoy a refresher on this.
* Please note the steps below involve editing your registry (windows) and preference files (osx). If you don’t feel comfortable editing these things, you should NOT try this.
** Also note, this increases Rapture’s output in higher frequency content at the cost of CPU. You may find it can increase your Rapture CPU usage up to 10% or more, if you are worried about this you should NOT try this.
*** You may want to read the full thread linked above. Again I enjoy this modification because my hearing is sensitive in the 19-20k range. If your hearing is not that good in higher ranges, you should NOT try this.
For those adventurous enough to try, here are the steps:
We want to add the registry key “Out Ratio” with a value of “1” inside Rapture’s registry.
– Open Regedit
– Click Start, and then click Run.
– Type Regedit, and then click OK.
– Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture
*If you are running Rapture 1.2.2 you’ll notice the key is here if you have both entries, might as well try setting both:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
– Create a new registry string in the Rapture registry “Out Ratio”
– Then assign the value of this new key to “1”
– Save your changes and close Regedit
We are going to add the string “Out Ratio” with a value of “1” to Rapture’s plist file located here: /Library/Preferences/com.cakewalk.Rapture.plist
Apple offers a free Property List Editor within their xcode apps. https://developer.apple.com/xcode/. You can also google for other free property list editors on OSX if you’d like.
So if you have a plist editor you can go ahead and perform the following steps:
– Open the file /Library/Preferences/com.cakewalk.Rapture.plist
– Add Child
– Set Key Name “Out Ratio”, Type “String”, Value “1”
– Save your plist and you’re done.
For the sake of making this easy for OSX users I’ve made a quick command script, all you have to do is unzip it and double click to run and you are done.
Or you can also copy and paste the following into your Terminal and hit Enter:
"/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy" -c "Add 'Out Ratio' string 1" /Library/Preferences/com.cakewalk.Rapture.plist "/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy" -c "Set 'Out Ratio' 1" /Library/Preferences/com.cakewalk.Rapture.plist