Attention TX81Z owners, jeroenliebregts has created a Yamaha TX81Z Editor using Max For Live! The editor has the ability to send and recall all parameters for this famous 4OP FM synthesizer. All you need to do is connect this device with a MIDI In and MIDI Out to send the MIDI SysEx Data. I was planning on making a SysEx Editor for the TX81Z but it’s great to see someone already cover this. Now maybe we can turn our attention to the infamous Yamaha TG77. 🙂
The nice part about having a SysEx Editor with Max For Live is that further edits and modifications can be done. Really amazing features are easy to add such as MIDI CC control, Randomizer, patch/preset morphing, and more.
Parameter Control Includes:
– Algorithm selection
– Master Effects Poly, Reverb, Chorus
– LFO and Modulation
– Individual operation controls for amp, fixed freq, range.
– Envelope Control, Attack, Decay1, Decay2, & Release
– Rate sc, lvl sc, oper. lvl, and detune
Max For Live Device Description
Editor for Yamaha TX81Z with sysex parameter exchange and full parameter recall of presets.
– connect TX81Z midi out to midi interface in
– connect midi interface out to TX81Z midi in
– drop the device on a midi channel in Live
– choose midi interface port on editor
– choose midi channel on editor to be same as send/receive channel on TX81Z
– Select a program on the editor and about half a second later all parameter should jump to the correct positions!
Download TX81Z Editor
Download on maxforlive.com:Download TX81Z Editor!
Author’s profile page:
Artist’s Author’s Website:
Author’s SoundCloud Page:
TX81Z Resources & More
Find more TX81Z resources on the PatchArena TX81Z Resource Page:
Here you can find tons of TX81Z patches to load on your TX81Z Synth. Other downloads include manual, and service manual scans. Enjoy!