Exciting news, the final MeeBlip SEs have been assembled and are getting ready to ship! You can visit the MeeBlip site and reserve yours:
Features and Enhancements for the MeeBlip SE:
- New orange-on-black color scheme, inspired by some of our favorite synths of the past. We like the way it’s looking – and it’s also easier to read.
- New retro knobs. (And knobs are important; we still believe in being able to control the synth from the front panel – no menus needed.)
- Twice the patch storage. The original SE had 16 slots for storing sounds; you can now use up to 32. We think people who use patches in performance will be especially pleased.
- The latest MeeBlip firmware – as always, fully open source and ready to read or hack at GitHub.
- Fully assembled. Previous MeeBlips were “quick build”; now you can plug this in and use it right away.
The new MeeBlip improvements look exciting. Comments from the MeeBlip team:
We think being fully assembled will be better, too. It means better quality control, and the ability to get making music right away. We also think it’ll help introduce the MeeBlip to people less familiar with synth hardware. For those of you who do want the DIY experience, we recommend MeeBlip micro, the bare board, as it’s something you can build into your own projects. But we’d rather have you hacking and building new things, and getting to making sound, rather than doing our assembly for us.
Thanks for everyone’s support this year. It’s been a time of transition as Peter settles into the synthesizer paradise that is Berlin, and both of us work hard behind the scenes to make a more lasting MeeBlip. It’s been extraordinary, though, to get to see the work you’re doing. You’ll be hearing more from us very soon.